- 2 haddock fillets (or other white fish)
- 1 free-range egg
- 100g of raw, peeled cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 medium-sized head of broccoli
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 Tablespoon of dried (or freshly chopped) parsley
- coconut oil
- Boil the sweet potato (approx 20 minutes), and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into very small pieces and throw in with the potatoes for the last 5 minutes.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes, being careful not to brown.
- Meanwhile cook the white fish, drain and break up with a fork (you could oven bake, poach or microwave it).
- With a blender or food processor, blend the potato, broccoli, onion and garlic till smooth.
- Pour the mash into a mixing bowl and add the egg, the flaked fish, ground almonds, parsley and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir well but try not to break up the fish too much.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and fry in a frying pan little coconut oil for a few minutes, flipping half way. This helps them retain their shape and ensures a crispy edge.
- Finish off in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
Serve a colourful salad.